Master of Science in Accounting and Information Technology
- The Master of Science in Accounting and Information Technology (MSAIT) is designed to prepare students for successful careers in management of accounting information systems and/or consulting. The program is jointly developed and delivered by the Accounting Department and the Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Methods Department. The MSAIT degree develops accounting and information technology competencies needed to respond to the evolving demands being placed on accountants and information technology professionals in modern organizations.
- The program will address major issues such as fraud detection, forensic auditing, regulatory reporting, information security, business intelligence and data mining, enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, e-commerce, and data warehouses. Students who are preparing to become auditors, IT auditors, information security specialists and information systems consultants will benefit significantly from this degree.
- Courses included in the graduate core include Cost and Managerial Accounting Theory; Accounting Information Systems; Fraud Detection and Prevention; Business Information Consulting; Database Management Systems; IT Systems Project Management; Information Security; and Enterprise Resource Planning.
Admissions to Master of Science in Accounting and Information Technology
- Students applying to this program must meet specific admission requirements for the Texas State Graduate College and the McCoy College of Business Administration. Applicants with an accounting undergraduate degree from an accredited university will normally take 36 semester hours of graduate courses. Applicants with other undergraduate degrees would be required to complete additional coursework.
- For more information on this program click here
Deadlines for Admission
- Admission to McCoy College of Business Administration:
For graduate admission deadline to the Accounting & Information Technology program, please click here
- For international students , an additional link concerning the admission deadline to Texas State, please click here