The Department of Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Methods offers an academic program that leads to the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with a major in Computer Information Systems (CIS). The Bachelor of Business Administration degree in CIS at Texas State University specializes in providing a leading-edge, highly marketable information systems education.
In order to graduate well-rounded, business-savvy information technology professionals, the curriculum for a BBA in CIS includes a variety of courses in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Economics, and Data Analysis in addition to the courses offered in CIS.
|GENERAL EDUCATION UNIVERSITY CORE||44 hours|
Lower division courses: (24 semester hours)
Upper division courses: (19 semester hours)
- CIS 2324 Visual Programming I
- CIS 3325 Visual Programming II
- CIS 3374 Systems Analysis and Design
- CIS 3382 Computer Database Systems
- QMST 3339 Data Mining and Visualization
- 3360 e-Business Applications Design and Development
- 3375 File Processing with COBOL
- 3389 Business Application Programming III
- 3390 Project Management for Business Professionals
- 4318 Advanced Business Application Development
- 4319 Mobile Application Development for Windows
- 4320 Mobile Application Development for Apple-iOS
- 4321 Mobile Application Development for Android
- 4322 Computer System Development and Design
- 4332 Enterprise Resource Planning Systems. (3-0)
- 4348 Fundamentals of Data Communications.
- 4349 Advanced Database Management Systems
- 4350 Information Systems Security
- 4358 Network Administration
- 4360 Developing Business Solutions for the Enterprise
- 4373 Special Topics in Computer Information Systems
- 4399 Computer Information Systems Internship
You can view the specific course descriptions by visiting CIS Course Descriptions
You can see the specific course requirements by visiting the Degree Plan Page for CIS
In support of the CIS curriculum the department has established major academic alliances with Oracle, IBM, and Microsoft.
The department's Industry Advisory Board, which is comprised of IT professionals from major corporations, plays an active role in shaping the future direction of our CIS curriculum.