Class Override Requests
How Do Overrides Work in Computer Information Systems?
- GRADUATE STUDENTS: Faculty cannot "give permission" for you to take their class. Permission must come from the Department. Graduate students must complete this Override Request Form with all necessary information. MSAIT and MSDAIS students are given priority for any available seats.
- GRADUATING SENIORS: The Department of Computer Information Systems may grant closed class overrides if a student is a graduating senior who is planning to graduate at the end of the semester for which the course is requested.
- NSO STUDENTS: The Department of Computer Information Systems may grant closed class overrides if a student is in their first semester at TXST and has completed the New Student Orientation.
- ALL OTHER UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: Students who do not qualify under the previous two categories can still submit an override request. This helps the department to determine how many students may still need a course. Doing so will in no way guarantee that you will get a seat in the section you want.
- PREREQUISITE OVERRIDE: If you receive a prerequisite error message please submit a prerequisite override form through the McCoy Advising Center: Prerequisite Override Request Form