Class Override Requests
How Do Overrides Work in Computer Information Systems?
- GRADUATING SENIORS: The Department of Computer Information Systems will NOT grant closed class overrides unless a student is a graduating senior in the semester for which the course is requested.
- NSO STUDENTS: The Department of Computer Information Systems will NOT grant closed class overrides unless a student is in their first semester at TXST and has completed the New Student Orientation.
- ALL OTHER STUDENTS: Students who are NOT a graduating senior or NSO student can still submit an override request. This helps the department to determine how many students may still need a course. This will in no way guarantee that you will get a seat in the section you want. If we add seats to courses, we will give advance notice so that students can be prepared to register at a designated date/time. Watch your email!
- PREREQUISITE OVERRIDE: If you receive a prerequisite error message please submit a prerequisite override form through the McCoy Advising Center: Prerequisite Override Request Form
Spring 2021 Override Requests
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, OVERRIDE REQUESTS FOR THE FOLLOWING CLASSES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL AFTER FALL 2020 GRADES POST ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2020.
- CIS 1323 INTRO MICROCOMP AP
- CIS 3317 E-BUSINESS
- CIS 3380 ENT IT & BUS INTEL
- QMST 2333 BUSINESS STATISTICS
The Department of Computer Information Systems will NOT process override requests for the following spring classes until Monday, December 7th.
- CIS 2324 VISUAL PROG I
- CIS 3325 VISUAL PROG II
- CIS 3374 SYS ANALYSIS & DES
- CIS 3382 COMP DATA BASE SYSTEMS
Requests can still be submitted, but we will not review them until December 7th. Keep checking CATSWEB frequently for open seats in the classes you want.